mPulse Infrared Sauna
Today’s world places a toxic load on our bodies, from environmental toxicants to stress and anxiety that create inflammation and other symptoms. Sweat is one of the body’s safest and most natural ways to heal and maintain good health. Sunlighten’s high-quality infrared promotes an effortless, deep, productive sweat that will leave you feeling cleansed, refreshed and energized.
What is Infrared?
Infrared light is part of the sun’s invisible spectrum of light that has the ability to penetrate human tissue. Infrared heat heats the body directly rather than simply the air. The experience of an infrared treatment is similar to sunbathing, giving you that wonderful natural warmth. Unlike sunbathing, infrared heat therapy is completely healthy and safe. You can relax in an infrared sauna and it will never cause your skin to burn.
- The invisible part of the sun’s light spectrum (experienced as heat).
- Consists of 3 wavelengths- near, mid & far
- Penetrateshuman tissue producing a host of health benefits
- 7x more effective than a traditional sauna
- Effective at a low, soothing temperature
- Completely healthy and sage for all living things
- Dave Asprey (Father of Biohacking) “Infrared saunas can quickly help you get back to feeling amazing. Sauna therapy has been around for centuries to detoxify, but infrared saunas go even further, heating up your body’s core at a cellular level, where most toxins are stored. That is why I trust and use Sunlighten at our Upgrade Labs facilities.”
- Magdalena Wszelaki (@hormonebalance) “Infrared saunas are great for just about everyone but are especially beneficial for anyone working to balance their hormones or those with an autoimmune disease.“
- Dr. Mark Hyman, MD (Functional Medicine Doctor, Founder of the Ultrawellness Center) “Infrared saunas are very effective in reducing the stress response and creating balance in the autonomic nervous system. They can improve circulation, help with weight loss, balance blood sugar, and improve detoxification-each of which improves your brain function.“
- Amy Myers, MD (New York Times bestselling author and an internationally acclaimed functional medicine physician) “Infrared sauna therapy promotes relaxation by helping to balance your body’s level of cortisol, your body’s primary stress hormone. The heat generated by the sauna will also help to relax muscles and relieve tension throughout the body, allowing you to relax and de-stress.”
Infrared Sauna Main Benefits:
- Heart Health
- Muscle Recovery
- Detoxification: Detox from a Sunlighten sauna is 7 to 10 times greater than a conventional sauna. In a conventional sauna, the average person sweats out 3% toxins and 97% water. In a Sunlighten sauna, the average person sweats out 20% toxins and 80% water.
- Weight Loss: A 30-minute infrared sauna session can burn 200-600 calories! As the body works to cool itself while using an infrared sauna, there is a substantial increase in heart rate, cardiac output, and metabolic rate. Sunlighten’s infrared heat therapy raises core body temperature, causing passive cardiovascular conditioning. Your body’s natural response to infrared heat therapy is to increase circulation and sweat. Check out the results with our heart rate monitor and you will be amazed.
- Reduced Blood Pressure: Our solo carbon heaters were used in a clinical study with the University of Missouri, Kansas City in 2005 and were shown to lower blood pressure from a 30-minute sauna session three times a week. Repeated infrared treatment improves impaired blood vessel functions in patients with high blood pressure. This suggests a preventive role for sauna use for arteriosclerosis.
- Improved Circulation: Heating of muscles with infrared produces an increased blood flow level similar to that seen during exercise. Body temperature elevation also produces an increase in blood flow. The increased peripheral circulation provides the transport needed to help reduce inflammation, decrease pain, and speed healing.
- Skin purification: Improve your skin’s appearance with regular use of a Sunlighten sauna. Open wounds heal quicker with reduced scarring. Infrared heat therapy helps acne, eczema, psoriasis, burns, and skin lesions or cuts. It also reduces wrinkles, makes skin look radiant, and firm, and improves skin tone and elasticity. Regular use may also help reduce cellulite trapped beneath the skin, lessen the appearance of scars, and help burns heal significantly.
- Chromotherapy: Enjoy the ancient healing method of light and color therapy to improve overall health and harmony. Each color in the visible light spectrum possesses frequencies of a specific vibration, and each vibration is related to different physical symptoms. Chromotherapy restores various energy points to help balance the body.
Frequently Asked Questions:
To enable infrared to penetrate tissues as deep as possible, we recommend wearing as little as possible. A bamboo carbon body wrap, cotton towel, gym shorts, or swimsuit or perfect options.
One session will leave you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. But similar to exercise, the more you do it, the better the results. Recommended use if 3-4 times per week for 30-40 minutes.
Sweat levels differentiate between each individual. Don’t be surprised if you don’t sweat during the first few sessions. Sweating will increase with regular use. Even if your body is not drenched in sweat, your body is still detoxifying from harmful toxins. Also, be sure to drink plenty of water before your session. If you are dehydrated, you will not sweat as much.
No, if you have health concerns we recommend speaking with your doctor before your sauna session.
No, infrared heaters are located on the floor, front, back, and side wall panels.
There are various studies on the use of infrared for a multitude of health benefits. Specifically, Sunlighten infrared saunas have been shown to increase the core temperature for detoxification, lower blood pressure, relieve pain, and aid in weight loss. These studies can be found on www.sunlighten.com
The core body temperature of children rises much faster than adults. When taking a sauna session with a child, operate at a lower temperature and for no more than 15 minutes at a time. A general rule of thumb is 1 minute inside your sauna per year of age for the child but always accompanied by an adult. And remember to keep you and your children hydrated, even if you don’t see them sweating.
Please consult with your physician, as this answer is usually yes, but may be no depending upon your specific circumstances.
Even though infrared is completely safe, it is not recommended to use while pregnant. While pregnant, the core body temperature is already elevated and you could overheat.
Consult your physician prior to sauna use.
Towels are placed both on the floor and benches while in use with each client to help absorb any moisture. In addition, the sauna s wiped down and cleaned between each client. Sunlighten’s infrared heaters are antibacterial, anti-mold, and anti-germ.